At the EHRA 2019 congress in Lisbon, Dr David Arnar (Chief of Cardiology, Landspitali, the National University Hospital of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland) joins us to discuss the latest insights into understanding asymptomatic arrhythmias and managing them in routine practice.
Filmed at EHRA 2019, Lisbon.
Speaker’s Disclosures: Dr David Arnar is a consultant to Decode Genetics.
- How common are asymptomatic arrhythmias? (0:14)
- How do asymptomatic arrhythmias and paroxysmal symptomatic atrial fibrillation differ in terms of risk of stroke or systemic embolism? (0:51)
- How does the presence of subclinical atrial fibrillation affect treatment and management decisions for your patients? (1:24)
- How does atrial fibrillation ablation affect asymptomatic arrhythmias? (2:29)
- What are the benefits of screening for asymptomatic arrhythmias and how should this be approached? (3:47)
- What work remains to be done in better understanding asymptomatic arrhythmias and how to manage them in routine practice? (4:45)
touchCARDIO.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via free-to-access content in multimedia formats.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Arrhythmia
David Albert: Why is the Arrhythmia Alliance so unique?
Dr David Albert (AliveCor, Mountain View, CA, USA) discusses why the Arrhythmia Alliance is so important in being patient driven, advocacy focussed and professionally engaged. For more information click here. Disclosures: David Albert is an employee and major stock shareholder of AliveCor. Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd. Interview conducted by Sophie […]
David Albert: Why is the Heart Rhythm Congress so important?
As the Heart Rhythm Congress 2022 has just finished, Dr David Albert (AliveCor, Mountain View, CA, USA) shares why the conference is so important in bringing together physicians, nurses, patients, patients advocates and all those interested in the care and diagnosis of arrhythmia patients. Disclosures: David Albert is an employee and major stock shareholder of […]
Shouvik Haldar: Get ready for Heart Rhythm Congress 2022!
Dr Shouvik Haldar (Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals, London, UK and Programme Director for Heart Rhythm Congress 2022) reveals a taster into what there is in store at the first in-person Heart Rhythm Congress since the COVID-19 pandemic. It is aimed for all individuals included in heart rhythm care and he is particularly looking forward to […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchCARDIOSign me up!