At the EHRA 2019 congress in Lisbon, Dr David Arnar (Chief of Cardiology, Landspitali, the National University Hospital of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland) joins us to discuss the latest insights into understanding asymptomatic arrhythmias and managing them in routine practice.
Filmed at EHRA 2019, Lisbon.
Speaker’s Disclosures: Dr David Arnar is a consultant to Decode Genetics.
- How common are asymptomatic arrhythmias? (0:14)
- How do asymptomatic arrhythmias and paroxysmal symptomatic atrial fibrillation differ in terms of risk of stroke or systemic embolism? (0:51)
- How does the presence of subclinical atrial fibrillation affect treatment and management decisions for your patients? (1:24)
- How does atrial fibrillation ablation affect asymptomatic arrhythmias? (2:29)
- What are the benefits of screening for asymptomatic arrhythmias and how should this be approached? (3:47)
- What work remains to be done in better understanding asymptomatic arrhythmias and how to manage them in routine practice? (4:45)
touchCARDIO.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via free-to-access content in multimedia formats.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Arrhythmia
Sanjiv Narayan, EHRA 2021 – AI and ML Models in Arrhythmias and Cardiac Electrophysiology
It was a pleasure to talk to Dr Sanjiv Narayan (Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA) around the implementation of artificial intelligence and machine learning models in the field of arrhythmias and cardiac electrophysiology. Questions What are the major challenges in implementing artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) models in the field of arrhythmias and […]
Sanjiv Narayan, EHRA 2021 – Applications of Computer Modelling and Machine Learning
We were delighted to talk to Dr Sanjiv Narayan (Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA) around the applications of computer modelling and machine learning in the field of arrhythmias and cardiac electrophysiology. Questions What are artificial intelligence or machine learning and how could they be used in cardiology? (0:25) Could you give us some examples of […]
Haran Burri, EHRA 2021: Highlights from EHRA 2021
We caught up with Prof. Haran Burri (Lead Cardiac Physiologist, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK) on his highlights from the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) Virtual Meeting 2021. Questions: What are your highlights from this year’s virtual EHRA 2021 congress? (0.21) Speaker disclosures: Prof. Haran Burri has received institutional fellowship and research support and speaker […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchCARDIOSign me up!