It was a great pleasure to meet with Anthony Tang to discuss the RAFT-AF trial results investigating the safety and efficacy of catheter ablation-based rhythm control compared with rate control for the treatment of patients with atrial fibrillation and heart failure, presented at ACC 2021.
- What were the aims and design of the RAFT study? (0:19)
- What were the key inclusion criteria of the study? (0:44)
- Could you tell us a little about the study findings in terms of primary and secondary outcomes, and the reasons for early termination of the study? (1:44)
- How did these findings compare with other studies comparing rhythm-control and rate-control strategies among patients with atrial fibrillation and heart failure? (5:58)
- What are the implications of these findings for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation and heart failure, and what future studies are needed? (7:50)
Speaker disclosures: Anthony Tang has nothing to disclose in relation to this video.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed during a remote video call with Professor Anthony Tang as a highlight of ACC 2021, May 2021.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Heart Failure
Caroline Sindet-Pedersen, ESC 2022: SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccines in patients with heart failure
Studies investigating the safety and efficacy of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 infection (SARS-CoV-2) mRNA vaccines lacked representation of patients with heart failure. In this touchCARDIO interview, we speak with Dr Caroline Sindet-Pedersen (Copenhagen University Hospital Herlev and Gentofte, Hellerup, Denmark) to discuss the study presented at ESC 2022 that aimed to investigate […]
Mandeep Mehra, ESC 2022: HeartMate 3™ left ventricular assist device for heart failure, the MOMENTUM 3 study 2- and 5-year results
Following its positive 2-year results, the MOMENTUM 3 study in patients with heart failure was extended to assess 5-year outcomes of the HeartMate 3™ left ventricular assist device. In this touchCARDIO interview, we speak with Dr Mandeep Mehra (Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) to discuss the MOMENTUM 3 study and […]
Mandeep Mehra, ESC 2022: Advances in left ventricular assist devices (LVADs) for heart failure and the advantages of the HeartMate 3™ LVAD
Left ventricular assist devices (LVADs) are utilised to treat patients with heart failure, the HeartMate 3™ being an example. In this touchCARDIO interview, we speak with Dr Mandeep Mehra (Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) to discuss the advances in LVADs and the advantages the HeartMate 3™ (HM3) LVAD holds over […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchCARDIOSign me up!