Charalambos Antoniades, ESC 2018 – the CRISP-CT Study, Perivascular Fat and Cardiac Death
Professor Charalambos Antoniades (Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, Radcliffe Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK) discusses the imaging of perivascular fat and computed tomography (CT) technology, with particular emphasis on the results of the CRISP-CT study, presented at ESC 2018.
Filmed at ESC 2018, Munich.
View more content here.
Speaker Disclosure: Professor Charalambos Antoniades has the following disclosures in relation to this video interview: founder, shareholder and CSO of Caristo Diagnostics.
1. Please describe your new computed tomography (CT) technology and how it allows perivascular fat to be imaged? (0:09)
2. What are they key results from the CRISP-CT study and how has this study validated the CT technology for the detection of perivascular fat and risk of cardiac death? (1:55)
3. In what way does your new CT technology represent an advancement from existing methods of detecting coronary inflammation? (0:08)
4. What do you think will be the main benefits of non-invasive imaging of perivascular fat for the treatment and management of coronary disease? (1:13)
5. What work is currently ongoing and/or needs to be done to further validate your new CT technology? (3:48)
touchCARDIO.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via open-access content in multimedia formats.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Imaging
Annapoorna Kini, ACC 2023: Evolocumab in patients with stable coronary artery disease, the Yellow III study
The Yellow III study aimed to assess the effect of evolocumab in combination with statins on plaque morphology in patients with stable coronary artery disease. In this touchCARDIO interview, we speak with Dr Annapoorna Kini (Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Mount Sinai Medical Centre, New York, NY, USA) to discuss the Yellow series, with focus on the […]
Annapoorna Kini, ACC 2023: PCSK9 inhibitors for acute coronary syndrome
Evolocumab is a proprotein convertase subtilisin kexin type 9 inhibitor (PCSK9 inhibitor). When used in combination with statins, reduced plaque volume has been observed in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS). In this touchCARDIO interview, we speak with Dr Annapoorna Kini (Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Mount Sinai Medical Centre, New York, NY, USA) to discuss the use […]
Federico Asch, ACC 2021 – Insights into the virtual meeting
Federico Asch (MedStar Health Research Institute, Columbia, MD, USA) shares his thoughts on this year’s virtual meeting. Speaker disclosures: Dr Asch has nothing to disclose in relation to this video. Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media. Interview conducted by Nicola Cartridge. Filmed during a remote video call with Dr Asch as a highlight […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchCARDIOSign me up!