Dr Tom De Potter (Associate Director, Cardiovascular Center, OLV Hospital, Aalst, Belgium) discusses risks in and strategies to reduce radiation exposure in electrophysiology and interventional cardiology.
Filmed at ESC 2018, Munich.
View more content here.
Speaker Disclosure: Dr Tom De Potter has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
1. What is the current magnitude of radiation exposure in individuals performing electrophysiology and interventional cardiology? (0:09)
2. What are the risks and individual differences in risk associated with radiation exposure in electrophysiology and interventional cardiology? (1:36)
3. How do you determine radiation exposure? (2:30)
4. What are the currently available strategies to reduce radiation exposure in electrophysiology and interventional cardiology? (3:27)
5. What technological strategies are available to reduce radiation exposure? (4:25)
touchCARDIO.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via open-access content in multimedia formats.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Interventional Cardiology
David Keane, AF Symposium 2021: Challenges in Catheter Ablation
We spoke to Professor David Keane (St Vincent’s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland) about the current challenges procedural duration and overall success in catheter ablation, and the most exciting innovations to aim to overcome these. Questions: What are the current challenges in catheter ablation in terms of procedural duration and overall success? (0.13) What are the […]
David Keane, AF Symposium 2021: Atrial Fibrillation in Patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
We spoke to Professor David Keane (St Vincent’s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland) about atrial fibrillation in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Questions: What is the incidence of atrial fibrillation (AF) in people with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)? (0.13) What is known about the efficacy and safety of catheter ablation of AF in patients with HCM compared to […]
Andrea Natale, AF Symposium 2021: Impact of Catheter Ablation on Quality of Life and Health Care Utilization
We spoke to Dr Andrea Natale (Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute, Austin, TX, USA) about the most exciting recent innovations in catheter ablation technology. Questions: What is the impact of atrial fibrillation (AF) ablation on healthcare utilization and quality of life? (0.13) How should these data influence the timing of ablation strategies? (2.40) Speaker disclosures: Dr […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchCARDIOSign me up!