We spoke to Prof Imad Sheiban (Interventional Cardiology, P Pederzoli Hospital Peschiera del Garda, Verona, Italy) on the topic of left main angioplasty and percutaneous coronary intervention of the left main. Here, he answers our questions.
Part Two: Questions
- In which patients is percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) of left main coronary stenosis a safe alternative to coronary artery bypass grafting? (0.06)
- What are the major risks involved in left main PCI and what can be done to minimise these risks? (1.30)
- What stenting techniques do you recommend to optimise outcomes in these patients? (3.48)
- What have been the most important advances in PCI in left main disease in recent years? (6.27)
- What are the take home messages of your presentation? (8.28)
Speaker disclosures: Professor Imad Sheiban has nothing to declare in relation to this video interview.
Support: Commissioned, edited and funded by Touch Medical Media.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Interventional Cardiology
David Keane, AF Symposium 2021: Challenges in Catheter Ablation
We spoke to Professor David Keane (St Vincent’s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland) about the current challenges procedural duration and overall success in catheter ablation, and the most exciting innovations to aim to overcome these. Questions: What are the current challenges in catheter ablation in terms of procedural duration and overall success? (0.13) What are the […]
David Keane, AF Symposium 2021: Atrial Fibrillation in Patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
We spoke to Professor David Keane (St Vincent’s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland) about atrial fibrillation in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Questions: What is the incidence of atrial fibrillation (AF) in people with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)? (0.13) What is known about the efficacy and safety of catheter ablation of AF in patients with HCM compared to […]
Andrea Natale, AF Symposium 2021: Impact of Catheter Ablation on Quality of Life and Health Care Utilization
We spoke to Dr Andrea Natale (Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute, Austin, TX, USA) about the most exciting recent innovations in catheter ablation technology. Questions: What is the impact of atrial fibrillation (AF) ablation on healthcare utilization and quality of life? (0.13) How should these data influence the timing of ablation strategies? (2.40) Speaker disclosures: Dr […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchCARDIOSign me up!