Professor Bernard Prendergast (Consultant Cardiologist, London Bridge Hospital, London, UK) discusses percutaneous mitral valve repair and mitral valve regurgitation, with particular emphasis on the results of the MITRA-FR trial and the MitraClip device.
Filmed at ESC 2018, Munich.
View more content here.
Speaker Disclosure: Professor Bernard Prendergast has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
1. What are the potential advantages and disadvantages of percutaneous mitral valve repair with MitraClip over optimal medical therapy for mitral valve regurgitation? (0:08)
2. What features of the MITRA-FR trial represent an improvement over previous studies assessing percutaneous mitral valve repair as a therapeutic option for mitral valve regurgitation? (1:00)
3. Please summarise the key results of the MITRA-FR trial? (2:02)
4. How do you determine which patients may be suitable for MitraClip? (2:59)
5. What are the short- and long-term goals for the treatment of mitral valve regurgitation? (3:41)
6. How was the study designed? (4:32)
touchCARDIO.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via open-access content in multimedia formats.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Hypertension
Clara Chow, ESC 2021 – the QUARTET Study
Dr Clara Chow (Professor of Medicine, Academic Director Westmead Applied Research Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia) kindly shared her thoughts on the limitations of current treatment paradigms for hypertension, the quad pill for hypertension, and the QUARTET study, from the virtual ESC Congress 2021. Questions What are the limitations of current treatment paradigms for […]
Kazem Rahimi, ESC 2021 – the Blood Pressure Lowering Treatment Trialists Collaboration
Dr Kazem Rahimi (Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine and Population Health, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK) kindly shared his thoughts on the Blood Pressure Lowering Treatment Trialists Collaboration (BPLTTC), its aims, and the benefits of antihypertensive medicines in older people from the virtual ESC Congress 2021. Questions Could you tell us a little about the Blood […]
Kazuomi Kario, ESC 2021 – the HERB Digital Therapeutics System and the HERB-DH1 Study
Prof. Kazuomi Kario (Professor, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, Japan) kindly shared his thoughts on the HERB digital therapeutics system for essential hypertension and the HERB-DH1 study from the virtual ESC Congress 2021. Questions Could you give us a brief overview of the HERB digital therapeutics system for essential hypertension? (0.14) What were the aims, […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchCARDIOSign me up!