Professor Bernard Prendergast (Consultant Cardiologist, London Bridge Hospital, London, UK) discusses percutaneous mitral valve repair and mitral valve regurgitation, with particular emphasis on the results of the MITRA-FR trial and the MitraClip device.
Filmed at ESC 2018, Munich.
View more content here.
Speaker Disclosure: Professor Bernard Prendergast has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
1. What are the potential advantages and disadvantages of percutaneous mitral valve repair with MitraClip over optimal medical therapy for mitral valve regurgitation? (0:08)
2. What features of the MITRA-FR trial represent an improvement over previous studies assessing percutaneous mitral valve repair as a therapeutic option for mitral valve regurgitation? (1:00)
3. Please summarise the key results of the MITRA-FR trial? (2:02)
4. How do you determine which patients may be suitable for MitraClip? (2:59)
5. What are the short- and long-term goals for the treatment of mitral valve regurgitation? (3:41)
6. How was the study designed? (4:32)
touchCARDIO.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via open-access content in multimedia formats.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Hypertension
Ajay Kirtane, TCT 2022: The benefits of ultrasound renal denervation for patients with uncontrolled hypertension, the RADIANCE II trial
The RADIANCE II trial aimed to build on existing data to demonstrate that ultrasound renal denervation can lower blood pressure in patients with uncontrolled hypertension. In this touchCARDIO interview, we speak with Dr Ajay Kirtane (Columbia University Irving Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA) to discuss the outcomes of the RADIANCE II trial […]
Ajay Kirtane, TCT 2022: Ultrasound renal denervation, a tool for uncontrolled hypertension
Despite medications and lifestyle modifications for hypertension, there are still many cases of uncontrolled hypertension. Ultrasound renal denervation has shown to be a tool for reducing blood pressure. In this touchCARDIO interview, we speak with Dr Ajay Kirtane (Columbia University Irving Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA) to discuss the challenges faced in […]
Maura Marcucci, ACC 2022: POISE-3: The effects of a hypotension-avoidance strategy versus a hypertension-avoidance strategy in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery
The POISE-3 study assessed the effects of a hypotension-avoidance strategy versus a hypertension-avoidance strategy in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery. touchCARDIO spoke to Dr Maura Marcucci (McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) to discuss her presentation of the results of the POSE-3 study at the American College of Cardiology Annual Meeting 2022. Questions Could […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchCARDIOSign me up!