Professor Bernard Prendergast (Consultant Cardiologist, London Bridge Hospital, London, UK) discusses percutaneous mitral valve repair and mitral valve regurgitation, with particular emphasis on the results of the MITRA-FR trial and the MitraClip device.
Filmed at ESC 2018, Munich.
View more content here.
Speaker Disclosure: Professor Bernard Prendergast has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
1. What are the potential advantages and disadvantages of percutaneous mitral valve repair with MitraClip over optimal medical therapy for mitral valve regurgitation? (0:08)
2. What features of the MITRA-FR trial represent an improvement over previous studies assessing percutaneous mitral valve repair as a therapeutic option for mitral valve regurgitation? (1:00)
3. Please summarise the key results of the MITRA-FR trial? (2:02)
4. How do you determine which patients may be suitable for MitraClip? (2:59)
5. What are the short- and long-term goals for the treatment of mitral valve regurgitation? (3:41)
6. How was the study designed? (4:32)
touchCARDIO.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via open-access content in multimedia formats.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Hypertension
Jean-François Obadia, ESC 2019 – Follow up from the MITRA-FR Trial
We spoke to Professor Jean-François Obadia (Civils Hospices of Lyon, Lyon, France) about the 2-year follow up from the MITRA-FR trial, and how he would interpret the differing results from recent studies into the efficacy of the MitraClip in patients with mitral regurgitation. Finally, he touches on which patients might be likely to benefit from […]
J Jaime Miranda, ESC 2019 – Blood Pressure and Community Hypertension
We spoke to Dr J Jaime Miranda (School of Medicine, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru) about hypertension and the impact of introducing a low-sodium, high-potassium salt substitute on the incidence of community hypertension. He also then went on to discuss effective ways to improve control of high blood pressure in high- and low-income countries. […]
Tim Fischell, C3 2019 – Managing hypertension
Tim Fischell talks about hypertension management options, sub-optimal control and how device-based therapies offers another approach to management. Questions: 1. What are the key challenges in managing hypertension, and what factors contribute to suboptimal control? 0:05 2.How can device-based therapies for hypertension overcome these challenges, and what updates can you provide to physicians on evidence […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchCARDIOSign me up!